Find out everything you need to know about Android, the operating system with millions of users globallyas well as the history, features, versions, how they are developed and where to download Android apps EASY.
Android has come to revolutionize the industry and has stood up to many. We are already millions of people who have interacted with teams in this category and benefited from their different tricks for proper optimization.
Get to know us everything this operating system has in store for you. Step by step guides and tips to improve the performance and operability of the system, applications, antivirus and of course all the features and versions to date, variety of settings available and the possible problems that could occur along the way. Everything you need to know to improve security and your user experience.
Tutorials and manuals for Android
April 4, 2020
March 21, 2020
23 February, 2020
23 December, 2019
20 December, 2019
5 December, 2019
26 October, 2019
October 14, 2019
10 October, 2019
What is Android?
Android is the world's most recognized operating system developed by the giant Googledesigned under an open source version of the Linux software. Its main function is to maintain the platform of mobile devices, tablets, TVs, smart cars, smartwatch among others; it is in charge of updating both new features and their versions and to improve them as time goes by.
This software is similar to the Windows system, the only difference is that it is completely FREE and anyone can access the source code. In other words, what we know today as free software, modifiable and suitable for making changes and improving it.
History of the Android system
Do you know the story of Android? Well, it's been a few years since Google bought Android Inc.Since then, its evolution has been constant.
At the beginning of Android's history: its first version was officially announced in September 2007 and launched its first device HTC Dream on October 22, 2008, it was named Android 1.0 Apple Foot. Despite the short time the Android System became the best selling software in the U.S. surpassing Apple's iOS on a large scale.
Your community has increased in the development of applications available in the official online store Google Play and some others outside the system; but since it is not a major malware-free operating system, care must be taken when downloading any application.
Throughout Android's history, its versions have been curiously distributed in alphabetical sequence and since its version 1.5 they have dessert names.
The reason explained by Google is that it was first taken as an inside joke and then Randall Sarafa Google spokesman in a presentation said that metaphorically Android smartphones and devices sweeten our lives and create an addiction. Not very credible, but in the end it's the most convincing answer so far.
And the ongoing storyThe name "Android" comes from the science fiction novel entitled "Do androids dream of electric sheep? Philip Dick. But what about your logo? We'll know later, in the meantime, let's see a summary.
Summary of the story
If we could summarize the history of the Android system, we would have the following aspects:
- In the year 2003: Android.Inc belonged to the telecommunications engineer Andy Rubin who had been working on the project for approximately 14 years and was passionate about the world of mobile devices in his vocation to seek new things in the field of technology.
- Year 2005Android Inc: Google bought Android Inc and Andy Burin joined the Google team where he became vice president of engineering to oversee the progress and changes to the Android system.
- November 2007The first Android version was officially announced to the world and was called Android 1.0 Pie.
- 2008The year the first mobile device with the Android operating system came out, the team led by the HTC brand.
At the time that Google acquired Android Inc. They designed a logo whose model was an apple-green doll similar to a robot with two antennae with a characteristic figure closely related to the first name, which they called Andy.
Andy is part of the Android story, was very well accepted in the community and became very popular. So much was his fame that he became the image that represented the brand in phones and other equipment.
Below are the most unique features and specifications of the Android system throughout history.
These listed features of Android are what define its core, its composition and functions it can provide you with should you decide to use it.
- Open source: Any programmer can access it to optimize it or create apps. It supports contributors and for free; this becomes one of the most relevant features of the Android OS.
- Linux: its software runs in Linux Kernel mode and other open source software.
- Screen fragmentation: the system is adaptable to any size of screen with different resolutions.
- Data storage: uses a database called SQLite, which is compatible with many applications.
- Multi-Messaging: Android allows you to use instant messaging apps, the most popular are: WhatsApp, Telegram, Snapchat, Facebook Messenger, Line, Hangouts, Google Talk and more.
- Navigator: works with a platform called WebKit, which is a platform that hosts in its base several web browsers, among them: Google Chrome, Web Safari, Maxthon and Qupzilla...
- Java and Multimedia formats: the system uses the native Java programming language and supports video, audio, playback.
- HTML, HTML5, Adobe Flash Player: allowable language codes on Android systems. Any app or web page based on these codes is accepted by Android.
- Device emulator: are software that simulate the system and allow the execution of programs on other equipment for which they were initially designed, among them: Ex. video games or Android applications for PC. It also includes performance analysis and debugging tools (memory and software). This is one of the features that make Android incredible.
- Official online store: has a wide variety of free applications for users and also paid applications that can be downloaded to devices with total security in your Google Play store.
- Bluetooth compatible: allows the exchange of data through a wireless network by simply synchronizing the mobile
- Multitasking of applications: executes several tasks in real time and in the same sequence. A very modern feature of Android operating systems.
As you could see, Android's features allow you to perform various functions, such as device emulation, multi-messaging and stationery fragmentation.
Android versions to date
Here is a list of versions that have been part of Android's history:
- Apple Foot 1.0Android: first version of Android designed under Linux 2.6 language and released in the first devices in 2008.
- Banana Bread 1.1: was an upgrade for the first phone with this operating system. It arrived in February 2009 with a larger screen, ability to save attachments, reviews and more.
- Cupcake 1.5: new update between Android versions released in April 2009. With support for Widget, new playback and recording format, animated screen, auto-rotation option and other skills.
- Donut 1.6: launched in September 2009. Multi-language engine, display of app captures in Google Play, integration of camera, camcorder and recording, multi-selection of photos.
- Eclair 2.0 - 2.1: Of all the Android versions, here are listed changes from 2009 to 2010. Bluetooth 2.1 support, photo selection and potential to perform several activities at the same time, hardware speed, animated wallpapers, better screen resolution.
- Froyo 2.2 - 2.2.3: In May 2010, a new update arrived, with increased speed, performance and memory optimization, support for Bluetooth docks, for screens and Adobe Flash.
- Gingerbread 2.3 - 2.3.7 new update in the design of its interface, released in December 2010 and continued to improve until 2011, brought new supports and improvements in audio, graphics, software improvement and battery efficiency.
- Honeycomb 3.0 - 3.2.6 was released in February 2011 with changes through 2012, featuring multi-skill, full-screen display, improved and intuitive interface, fast hardware, new media and USB connectivity.
- Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 - 4.0.5 Among the versions of Android, this is the popular Ice Cream Sandwich that came out in October 2011, whose compatibility was available for any device with an Android operating system as long as they had a processor and adequate memory.
- Jelly Bean 4.1 - 4.3.1 to improve the interface and performance was created between the Android Jelly Bean versions. It was released in July 2012 with changes until April 2013, enough time to improve many bugs and optimize speed features.
- Kit Kat 4.4 - 4.4.4 name alluding to the brand's chocolate “Nestle“. It was launched on the market in October 2013. As part of the changes they added a better interface, optimization and performance, shortcuts, battery failure fixes and widget to improve the experience.
- Lollipop 5.0 - 5.1.1 was presented in November 2014 accompanied by a new design, more interactive with amazing colors, battery savings, notification control, better support, security, stability and optimized speed.
- Marshmallow 6.0 - 6.0.1: Improvements in memory and text selection, fingerprint support and permissions management in October 2015 and changes in the tablet interface in December 2015.
- Nougat 7.0 - 7.1.2: Its name is very particular, in Spanish "turrón" arrived in August 2016 with animated features, multi-window, RAM optimization and incorporation of stikers, gift and images on the keyboard.
- Oreo 8.0 - 8.1 With this version came the adaptive icons, automatic WiFi activation, connection and performance improvements, security and system fluidity.
- Foot 9.0The Android Pie version arrived in 2018 with its characteristic pie name, changes included gesture navigation, smart text, security, performance and optimized notifications.
- Android 10 10.0: Also known as Android Q, it is the latest in the list of versions so far. Featuring Android features such as dark mode, 5G band technology, high performance, low latency, facial recognition, security and optimized privacy.
How are they developed and where to download apps?
As an entrepreneurship, every day people enter the world of technology. Many developers bring out proposals for professional applications, services, games, leisure, educational available in online stores. In this section we will show you how to create an Android app and where you can safely download it. Although it is complicated we will try to be as fast as possible in the process so that you can start successfully.
How to create an Android app from scratch
- Focus on your idea: What do I need? What kind of business do I have? What's my niche? These are questions whose answers you must have clear when choosing the type of mobile application and that is according to the user's needs.
- Design and model: It's time to get a notebook and put your ideas on paper, draw what you have in mind, design the block structure and how you would like the platform. The ideal thing would be to develop an app that is easy to interact with, minimalist and attractive to the public.
- Formalize the details: Structure, colors, blocks, characteristics and forms of monetization. If you are not clear on this point, consult a programming expert.
Aspects to consider
- Loyalty programs.
- Dating programs.
- Virtual stores.
- Product catalogues.
- Drop-down menu
- Instant messaging.
With this in mind, let's move on to the next phase, where you won't need to be a programming specialist to develop your own app for your business and Android mobile devices. Here are some tools that will help you create apps and improve performance with your customers / employees.
Tools for developing mobile apps
Android Studio is a software based on JetBrains' IntelliJ IDEA; ideal for mobile apps (all types of Android operating systems). This tool besides editing code offers a great diversity of functions such as: compilation system, fast emulator, GitHub integration, code templates, frameworks, Lint tools and is fully compatible with C++ and NDK.
It has a very intuitive interface, its tool window and navigation commands are designed to facilitate the user's work. You will be able to keep your screen organized and have enough space to do an impeccable job with all the functionalities at hand. Best of all, its version is totally free. Available for Windows, Apple MacOS, GNU Linux.
Basic 4 Android
Basic 4 Android is a very easy to use platform, uses the Basic visual language and has a large satisfied community. Through it you can create native Android applications and for a variety of mobile devices.
It has RAD tools, IDE environment, VisualBasic language, compilation with native code, fast debugger, visual editor for different resolutions and screen sizes. For the less experienced Basic 4 Android has forums where you can ask any questions as you develop the app.
Appcelerator Titanium is another easy way to develop universal apps for Windows UWP, iOS and Android devices and tablets under the Java code. It was created by the mobile technology company Appcelerator. With a well elaborated and intuitive interface, it has become one of the most used software by the community.
The main features of this software Titanium Studio are: Multi-platform API, MVC-based alloy frame, Java programming languageThe team has a good interaction with social networks and with the characteristics of the team. Best of all, you'll be able to develop apps from a single screen, since the design is comprehensive and compact. Its free version is available for Windows, MacOS and Linux.
AppMachine is a very powerful online software that does not require any programming knowledge to use. Its ease of use allows the development of native apps for both Android and iOS, Windows Phone 8. Despite being in a beta phase, its functionalities and results are top quality.
This software tracks your web page information through the URL and gives you a report considering what your application should have, this is very useful if you are starting from scratch. Its interface is minimalist and intuitive and promises to be one of the best tools of the future. Using the program has no cost, it is totally FREE, but once the app is finished if you want to publish it in online stores you must pay a monthly fee.
Where to download Android apps?
Android apps are available at several official and unofficial online stores. Here is a list of where you can download apps and in APK format, both for listening to music, watching TV online, games, messaging and more.
Google Play Store
At the top of the list we have the Official Android Store: Google PlayThe newest version, developed by Google, was launched in October 2008. It is a platform that hosts millions of secure and verified applications with millions of downloads, from popular games like Minecraft, software, music, movies and more. As the official store all the content available in your store is safe and easy to download.
The Google Play Store most of the time comes pre-installed on your Android phone, however, you can download it directly from their official website.
UpToDown is a portal created in 2002 and is available for download from their servers desktop programs and apps in APK format for Android devices. People are looking to install third-party stores precisely because they allow them to do things that Google Play No. E.g. With UpToDown you can download a video from YouTube, apps in different Android versions forbidden for certain countries or hack for video games without any problem. For more information you can go to their official website.
Aptoide is another good option when it comes to downloading apps for Android operating systems. It was released in November 2009. It hosts in its base a wide variety of applications that require permissions in the official Android store. It was established as a free market option where any user developer had the opportunity to publish their apps.
I couldn't miss this list of Online Shops: Apk PureThis website has no other definition than the rest, is available from 2014 and allows free and unrestricted download of applications in APK and Xapk format for tablets and Android mobiles. Receiving millions of monthly visits has consolidated it in the market as one of the favorites.
Another alternative shop for downloading files in APK format for Android is Apk Mirror. One of the most popular and has many updated versions to download and install on the phones whose operating system is Android.
It should be noted that third-party applications are not free of viruses or malware and are even rooted in copyright issues, however, are available for several versions of Android. It's up to you to choose which one suits you best.
If you're thinking of buying a mobile device or high-tech equipment you'll now be clear on the operability, features, updated versions of the Android System and why it's popular.
Now, did you get to know the history and Android features? Did you notice all the Android versions to the present day? Did you learn how to develop and where download Android apps?