In this article you will learn how to backup and reset (restore) your iPhone to factory version from the mobile or using (iCloud and iTunes) to leave it as new in case you want to sell it, give it away, or due to malfunction. Enters!
Did your iPhone stop working? Did your performance drop from one moment to the next? Is a virus affecting your operation? Then it is recommended restore your iPhone to its factory version, thus erasing all the data you have stored and leaving it completely Virgin.
This is a process that you can do on your own, and that does not require very technical knowledge, you just have to follow a few simple steps. But first we will show you why it is necessary reset your iPhone to factory version.
Reasons to reset your iPhone to the factory version
And why would you find yourself in need of restart an iPhone? These may be some of the reasons:
- You are going to sell your equipment and you want to make sure that no trace of your data remains.
- Your iPhone is very slow, and a factory reset might help it get back to work smoothly.
- You want to do a deep cleaning on your device.
- You have the suspicion that there is a virus that could be compromising the iPhone.
- Your iPhone was lost or stolen… Is it possible? Yes, you can delete their data even if that happens.
Keep in mind that, for all this it is necessary make a backup to your iPhone, in this way you will make sure not to lose valuable information for you.
How to backup your iPhone with iCloud?
For those who do not know iCloud, it is a system of Exclusive Cloud backup for iPhone. The process to create a backup is very simple and will only take a few minutes. To get it right and hassle-free, just follow these steps:
- Enter Settings and then Apple ID.
- There, you will find the iCloud option, enter.
- At the bottom, an option to make a backup now will appear, click there and a copy of your information will be created. The process may take a few minutes, depending on the amount of information your device has.
- To verify that this has been done correctly, a kind of history should appear that says the date and time when the last copy was made.
- Now your data will be stored in iCloud.
Keep in mind that the Apple cloud gives us 5GB for free, but if we need more space, you can expand your storage from your mobile. The Apple's monthly plans range from 50GB to 2TB.
And now that you have your backup, you can do a restart of your device without needing to regret it later. There is more than one method to do it effectively. Here we are going to explain how to do each one, so you will have several options.
Restore your iPhone to factory from the mobile
Restoring your iPhone from the factory from your mobile is a method by which you can leave your iPhone as new, through the Settings menu. To do this procedure correctly, you just have to follow these steps:
- First things first, perform the backup (if it was not clear, take a look at the previous section).
- You need to disable the Find iPhone option.
- You are going to go to Settings, then General, and there you find the Reset option.
- In that option, choose Delete contents and settings. In case you have a security code activated, you will need to enter it.
- A warning message will appear with the option Erase iPhone, you must select it.
- Another message will appear again, just for you to confirm that those really are your intentions.
The information deletion process will take a few minutes. Any type of information or configuration saved on the device will be completely deleted, and there will be no possibility of recovering it, That's why it's so important make the backup on your iPhone.
Factory reset iPhone with iTunes
We already told you that there are several ways to do it, and one of them is to restore your iPhone from the factory with iTunes. This particular process it is done without using the device. To carry it out, what you must do is:
- Run the iTunes application on your computer
- Through a USB cable, connect your device to the PC
- You can transfer your purchases, just enter the file menu and select the Transfer Purchases option.
- To back up your information, find the option in the iTunes menu. Although if you already did it through iCloud it may not be necessary.
- Now you have to disable the "Find iPhone" option.
- In the Summary tab you must find your device, and there you will click on Restore iPhone.
- A message will appear asking you if you want to make a backup (the same system insists on doing it), but if you have already learned how to do it, you can skip this option.
- A second warning message will appear. We just have to accept and continue, as long as this is what we want to do, and we are not playing with the options.
It only remains to wait. The same tool will take care of erasing all the data and install the latest iOS version Until now. In this way you can restore your iPhone device to the factory version through the iTunes platform with total security.
Format Factory iPhone from iCloud
This option is present in the event that your device has been lost or stolen, which we hope is not the case. It is a method where you can wipe all the data on your computer remotely.
There are two things to keep in mind before doing this:
- You must have configured the Find iPhone option, so if you have not done it yet it is better that you do it now. Just go to Settings, copy your Apple ID, in iCloud Go to Find iPhone and follow the steps.
- Locate your iPhone, this will make it make a sound, just in case it really got lost in a nearby place.
Now yes, you are ready. To restore using iCloud, this is what you should do:
- Enter the iCloud website and enter your Apple data, that is, the ID. This must match the iPhone you want to restore.
- At the top you will see the option «All devices», enter there and select the one you want to restore.
- In the window that will appear, you must go to the option whose icon is a garbage can, there you can delete the iPhone.
- You must enter the information requested, including the Apple ID.
It will only be left to wait a few minutes until the process is completed.
As you can see, you have already learned how to create a backup and restore your iPhone from factory from mobile and other ways. It is a very easy process that does not require the help of any technician. You're ready for when a situation arises where a device needs to be rebooted.
We hope this post about how to reset your iPhone to factory version safely, has been very helpful.
Here we leave you some options, which you will surely want to read:
- How to update WhatsApp for Android and iOS Easy
- What is and how to download Adobe Corel Draw FULL and free in all its versions
Did you like the content? Was easy restore your iPhone from factory from mobile and with tools like iTunes?
Leave us your comments below, we appreciate your opinion.
See you soon!