This time we wanted to bring you a substantial post about how to export and import your Google Chrome bookmarks. Learn how to carry out these actions in simple and short steps. ENTERS!
We welcome you to a new post.
As we surf the Internet, either from the computer or the mobile, we come across new pages that we want to visit again. For this reason, we use the browser function to mark them as favorites, but sometimes when we change computers or mobile devices we want this list to remain intact. Therefore, today we bring you an excellent post about how to export and import your Google Chrome bookmarks.
With this option you can perform a kind of backup your Google Chrome bookmarks and take it back to any device where you want to consult them.
We wanted to refer to this issue because there are many users who have had a lifetime of bookmarking interesting web pages and, for some reason or another, need to change their browser or want to transfer their favorite websites to another account or another PC.
This function of export and import favorites you have time in the Google browser; however it is well hidden, but do not worry, today you will know how to protect your Google Chrome bookmarks.
Export Google Chrome bookmarks
In order not to restrict knowledge, so to speak, today we will teach you how export Google Chrome bookmarks from the PC, Android or iPhone, since this action, depending on where it is carried out, different steps are carried out. Let us begin!
Export on PC
To export Google Chrome bookmarks from a PC you need to perform the following steps:
- With the browser open, the first thing you should do is go to Google Chrome bookmark manager. To do this, you can use the "Favorites / Bookmarks Manager" menu, apply the key combination Control + Shift + O, or open the page "chrome: // bookmarks /" in the browser. While on the page, you must click on the menu button (the three dots vertically).
- The menu of the google chrome bookmarks, where you can view the option Export bookmarks.
- Clicking there generates an HTML file with all the web pages you have saved, in a standard format so that any other browser can import it.
- A window will open to assign the name of the file and the place where you want to save it. Although by default Google Chrome generates a standard name based on the date.
- Finally, press save and you will have already exported your Google favorites.
Export on Android
To protect or export Google Chrome bookmarks from an Android We can go to the help of applications that perform this action.
This time we bring you an excellent tool, the application called Bookmark Sort & Backup. One of its main functions is that it allows you to back up your bookmarks and restore your browser bookmarks.
Now to run Bookmark Sort & Backup A complete list of all the bookmarks you have in the browser will be displayed on your Android device.
Then press the button "Menu". Several functions will be displayed, but you must click on the button "Backup or backup" and the application will automatically make a backup of all the information.
In case you want to have your Google bookmarks saved on your PC and you want them to appear on your Android device, the best you can do is use the Chrome browser on all computers.
In this way, when you are working on your PC and you mark a web page that you also want to see on your Android device, you just have to click on “Chrome to Phone”, located in the Chrome toolbar.
Export on iPhone
- From your iPhone open the Chrome application.
- Tap More (the three dots) located at the top right of the screen and go to “Bookmarks or Favorites”.
- While there you will see the "Bookmark Manager".
- In order to download the bookmarks, you must choose “organize”.
- Finally, select "export bookmarks".
Import bookmarks from Google Chrome
Now, having the file with the markers already exported, it is time for you to import them into the computer of your choice.
Import to PC
For import bookmarks from Google Chrome to another PC or browser, you must follow very similar steps to export. Let's see:
- You must go to "Favorites manager"Either by pressing Control + Shift + O or by opening the page chrome: // bookmarks /.
- Then click the button "Menu" (the three points vertically).
- The menu will display several options, choose "Import favorites".
- A window will automatically open where you must choose where the HTML file is.
- Find the HTML file and click "Open".
- All bookmarks and their respective folders will be added.
Import into Android
However, running the same Bookmark Sort & Backup application With which you exported your favorites, you can import them.
To do this, open the application on your Android device, a complete list of all the bookmarks that you have marked in the browser will be displayed.
Then press the button "Menu". Several functions will be displayed, you must click on the button "Restore or restore" and the application will automatically restore all the information.
Import to iPhone
It is well known that the default browser on iPhone or any other Apple device is Safari, so it is logical to want import Google Chrome bookmarks the same. To do this, you must perform the following steps:
- Open Safari.
- Look for the "Submit The" located on the upper left side of the screen.
- While there you will see the option "Import file".
- By pressing there, you can find the option "Bookmarks of html files". Select and find where the html file is saved.
- Click on "Import" and from there, you should have your bookmarks in the Safari browser.
This is where our substantial post about how to export and import your Google Chrome bookmarks. We must say goodbye, but not without first recommending other of our posts.
Tell us in the comments. How did you back up your Google Chrome favorites? And if you found the process to make this copy easy?
We appreciate your support in advance. It will be up to a new post.