In this post you will learn how to create a backup of Windows 10 on removable devices such as USB and external disk; in addition to external services such as the cloud. ENTERS!
Welcome to this post.
This time we will address an issue of utmost importance to safeguard the storage of information of our equipment, you will see how to create a backup of Windows 10.
Before continuing it is necessary to know or review the following.
What is a Windows 10 backup?
This is a process that is responsible for reproducing the original information of a unit, in order to support said content by transferring them to other devices or platforms.
Create a Windows 10 backup It is a necessary and essential task that must be carried out periodically to computer equipment.
Why should this be done? Because equipment can suffer physical damage specifically in the storage unit, or be affected by a malware infection.
When it comes to protecting all the content on a computer, it can be done from the operating system itself, or through other external resources such as USB devices or cloud storage. Let's get into the matter knowing the procedure for this type of backup.
Backup Windows 10 to USB
What is saved in a Windows 10 backup on USB? It depends on your information, it can be files, music, apps, etc.
To carry out this method, we will use the tool "File history", which provides the ability to regularly schedule the backup of the personal information you need.
If you want to go through this process, follow the steps listed below:
- First, on the computer, locate the "windows configuration”, You will see several options search for“ update and security ”and press.
- Then, on the left side, click on the section "backup", Locate the section" backup with file history "then" add a drive ", click.
- Afterwards, a USB device list or external memory connected to the computer, choose the one of your preference to carry out the backup.
- After choosing it, a button will appear with the option "activate" when you click on it, the backup of the files will be activated automatically, and can be deactivated whenever desired.
- Finally, click on "more options", also pressing "make a backup now”, If you want to do it with the default data.
In this screen you will be able to design the configuration of the regularity, the time and the files to be copied.
Thanks to these simple guidelines, you can successfully carry out a Windows 10 backup from USB device. Super practical, dare to apply them right now.
Back up Windows 10 to the cloud
A quite encouraging alternative, among many that are currently available, is the documentation hosting service on the internet, we are referring to the realization of backup Windows 10 to the cloud.
Among the most outstanding advantages of using the windows cloud call OneDrive, we can limit that it is a free service, since it offers 5GB of storage space.
Once the information is stored in the cloud, it can be viewed from anywhere and on any device where you log in.
Let's review the procedure for create a backup of Windows 10 in the cloud:
- First, you must have the OneDrive cloud storage process installed, configured and synchronized with the personal or main computer.
- Then, locate in the "Windows Explorer" From your computer, within the favorites section, select the OneDrive icon.
- Then choose the files or folders you need to back up and copy them to the cloud.
- You will automatically see how OneDrive processes the operation from the notification panel at the bottom right of the screen.
- Finally, the backup or backup was made on the platform, where you can access it, logging in from any computer or device.
Next, we will explain another way to carry out this procedure, setting up an automatic backup:
- First, click on the "Windows explorer", locate the "libraries" section, click on the "documents" icon with the right button of the mouse, when the options are displayed, choose "properties" at the end.
- Then you press the button that says "include a folder".
- Then, in the left menu, go to the "favorites" section, from there click on the OneDrive icon, and select from the "documents" directory. Next, include folder.
- Then, a window called “properties: documents” will appear, select documents, and click on “set save location”.
- Finally, click on accept, to complete the process.
If you want to repeat the operation with other folders in the library such as music, images and videos, you must carry out the same procedure for each of them.
Put either of these two modalities into practice to create a backup of Windows 10 in the cloud. They are really simple and easy steps.
Copy to external disk
In this section we will see the process to create a backup to external disk. This process is applied taking into consideration that most of the memory or removable disks, have a greater storage capacity to ultimately perform a backup called "system image".
We will see in detail how we can make the best use of this tool system image, to create backups using external disk:
- First, from the control panel of the computer, within the section of "security system", click "backup and restore".
- Look in the menu on the left side, where you find the option "Create a security image" click on it.
This will accurately copy the status of the computer's hard drive, this refers to the Windows 10 operating system, in addition to the stored programs and files.
- Following this, a window will appear that will ask you Where do you want to save the backup? Due to the excess space that is needed for this type of backup, you must select a removable hard drive.
- Finally with this we end the process, by clicking on the "next" icon, continuing with another click on "start the backup".
We must bear in mind that once this procedure has been carried out, future updates or previous changes cannot be saved, until making a new one backup to removable hard drive.
We have finished, our post has reached this point. We hope you found the content of this material very useful.
Before concluding, mention that we have more information related to Windows that may be of interest to you.
How did you find everything related to Windows 10 backups? Have you already carried out any of the procedures explained here? Tell us your experience in the comments.
Thankful for your company, see you later.