You will learn in this post how to disable automatic downloading from WhatsApp. You'll learn about important alternatives to disconnect the multimedia download service on your cell phone.
WhatsApp is considered one of the most recognized and used applications worldwide. It gives us the benefit and advantage of communicating from anywhere in real time.
In addition to the maximum utility it represents for its users, this application has a disadvantage that significantly impairs the performance of mobile equipment.
What's the problem?
By this we are referring specifically to the automatic release of any amount of information they share with us both in:
- Files, among others;
These files thus saturate the storage space for cellular equipment.
Another fundamental reason that can lead us to deactivate the automatic download from WhatsApp; is because we are not connected to a wifi network, these media downloads consume our navigation data subscribed to a pre- or post-paid plan.
It would also be great to be able choose or select the information of your interest and to be able to apply the download of the files that are needed, without having to receive infinity of content, even up to duplication.
These reasons just mentioned are some of the reasons why many users want remove the automatic download from WhatsAppand thus be able to avoid in this way, collect information that we often don't know about to have them stored in memory.
Let's look at the process for disabling the automatic download from WhatsApp below.
Steps to disable automatic download on Android
In this section we will know practical steps to disable automatic downloading on Android. Follow our route and let's make this process super easy.
- Initially you must enter the WhatsApp app on Android, From here go to the menu and perform this sequence: "settings" > "storage data" > "automatic download".
- When you are in the "automatic download" section, you will see the two sections "connected to mobile data" and "connected to Wifi"You will have to deactivate both options if you prefer.
- Finally unchecked the boxes within the app configuration, you'll see that you could remove the WhatsApp automatic download.
- From this point on you can choose and decide what content to download to your Android.
See how easily the steps to disable automatic downloading on Android.
To carry out this process, we must initially locate ourselves in the configuration of the WhatsApp application.
In the previous section, you will be able to control the greatest possible amount of content, which you receive from the group of contacts with whom you share a social relationship through this means of communication.
After knowing the steps to deactivate the automatic download in Android; we will review a similar methodology, with the difference that now we will see the procedure applied for remove the automatic download on iPhone.
Steps to disable automatic downloading on iPhone
The application of the steps to remove the automatic download on iPhone, is practically very similar to the procedure performed for Androids.
With the difference that the iPhone, when connected to a data plan, automatically downloads photos; in the case of audio and video files, they are only downloaded when connected to the WiFi network.
Let's look at the sequence of steps to remove the automatic download on iPhone:
- You enter the application of WhatsApp app on iPhone, go to the app "configuration", then to the "storage data" section.
- From this section you can choose the way you prefer to download the multimedia content.
- Four sections will appear: photos, audios, videos and documents. Clicking on each type you must select the download configuration, between "never", "wi-fi" and "wi-fi and mobile data".
By performing this sequence you will be in control of the information you need to download according to your interests, avoiding storage collapse and unnecessary waste of mobile data.
Explanation of download options
Let's look in detail at the three options that the iPhone presents us with for downloading multimedia content.
- If we select the alternative "never"The files will not be downloaded, unless we do it manually by clicking on each one of them. To download videos under this mode, you must first place them in playback and the download as such will take place in the background.
- When choosing the "Wi-fi"The multimedia content will be downloaded as soon as we are connected to a Wi-fi network.
- And finally the third option "Wi-fi and mobile data": refers to the downloading of the information as long as the mobile phone finds an internet connection.
So much for our post. Dare to deactivate the automatic downloads of WhatsApp from your mobile is very easy.
We have more related information for you:
How did you like the process of disabling the automatic download of the WhatsApp app? Tell us in our comments. See you in a future post.