Many people want to have their old photos digitized or simply an important document; for this reason we wanted to bring you a great post about how to scan photos old or recent With the cellphone through various methods. ENTERS!
As we mentioned at the beginning, more and more people are who, for multiple reasons, want digitize your conventional photos made with film cameras that were transferred to paper and were automatically saved in albums.
However, now our photographs are usually kept in the internal storage of our devices or in somea service of online storage like Google Photos, where every time we want to visualize them we have them at hand.
And from there we can deduce that, that is the main reason for want to scan our conventional or old photos, to always have them with us without having to carry a physical album under our arms. In addition, to be able to make a type of backup, in case something happens to the original.
Now, as you already know, the main purpose of this article is to teach you how to scan photos with the cell phone. And precisely, we will do it using the device's camera and through other tools created for this. Let us begin!
Scan photos using the camera
This is one of the easiest methods To scan photos, whether old or recent with the cell phone, however the precision and quality of the resulting image may be affected depending on how the procedure is carried out. Let's see:
- The first thing you should do is place the photo on a flat surface and white background, preferably. In the event that the photo has a wrinkle, try to flatten it with the help of a cloth or a cotton swab.
- Then, once you have arranged the photo, turn on the phone's camera, which can be found on the home screen or in the applications menu.
- Focus the camera in front of the photo you want to scan. The photo should be in the center of the screen and should be viewed completely parallel. Avoid as much as possible that it is inclined so that it does not come out distorted. Here precision plays an important role.
- The most recommended is that turn off the flash so that the photo is not blemished or the colors in the photo are not distorted. To verify that it is disabled:
- On an iPhone, press the lightning bolt icon in the upper left corner of the screen and press "Disable."
- On Android, press the lightning bolt icon in the upper right corner and press several times until the lightning bolt appears with a diagonal slash.
- Now, the next step is to press the "Capture" button, although it is usually an icon located in the center at the bottom. However, before capturing the image make sure that the camera is in photo mode.
- On an iPhone, all you have to do is swipe to the right or left until you find the "Photo" mode.
- On Android, swipe left to change the mode.
- Now yes, press "Capture" so that the photo is stored on the device.
Scan photos with the cell phone using the Google PhotoScan function
One of the applications that allows us scanning photos with your cell phone is FotoScan of Google. This application has an artificial intelligence that will guide you how to scan a photo. Let's see the procedure:
- The first thing you should do is place the photo on a flat surface and in a place with good lighting.
- Then run the PhotoScan app. If you do not have it on your device, you can download it through the following links:
- Then point your mobile device at the photo. It must fall within the rectangular area scan visible on the phone screen.
- As it is the first time you use the application, you must first press "Start Scan" and then "Ok" or allow to let the application use the phone's camera before continuing. In the case of an Android, you may have to press "Scan more photos" before you can continue with the procedure.
- Now, press «Capture» (blue and white button located in the lower central part of the screen).
- Will appear four white dots formed in a square pattern.
- Proceed to touch one of these points and it will scan and the phone will make a camera shutter sound. You must make sure do not move the phone and keep it in parallel.
- Repeat the same procedure with the other three points.
- Once you have completed this part, the photo will be saved.
- Next, press the circular icon in the lower right corner of the screen. When performing this action a page will open showing all the scanned photos.
- Selecting the photo just scanned will open it. And in the upper right you can see an icon that will show you a pop-up menu where you can perform various actions such as crop the image if necessary or, save the image in the phone gallery.
- To have this from your cell phone, press «Save». Although you may have to accept certain permissions first.
Generally speaking, we can say that Google PhotoScan is a very good application for scanning old photos. However, there are others that we also want to recommend such as: Quisquee - Photo Scan and Photo Scanner.
Using the Dropbox app
Like the previous options, scan photos with your cell phone using the Dropbox application It is a very simple task to carry out. Let's see:
- Arrange the photo on a flat surface and in a well-lit place.
- Open the dropbox app. Once inside, the last tab you used in Dropbox opens.
- Then press "Files". This option can be located at the bottom of the screen (if it is an iPhone) or in the menu located in the upper left (if it is an Android).
- In the event that Dropbox redirects you to an open file, press "Return", located in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Then press the "+" button and a drop-down menu will appear, press «Scan document».
- Position the camera lens in front of the photo as parallel as possible to avoid distortion.
- Wait for an outline of blue color around the photo. If it does not appear, you will have to readjust the angle of the photo.
- Press «Capture». It is a white circular button located at the bottom of the screen (if it is an iPhone) or a camera-shaped button located at the bottom (if it is an Android).
- Press the original tab to change scan options.
- Then press "Done." And then «Next».
- Already here you can save the photo pressing the «Save» button located in the upper right corner of the screen. It will be saved as a PDF file, although you can change the format.
- In this case, to have access to the scanned image you have to enter Dropbox.
With the previous method we end this interesting post about how to scan photos with the cell phone. We hope we have helped you.
If you like, you can see other of our posts before you go:
- How to edit photos online or with programs for PC, Android and iPhone.
- How to hide Instagram photos without deleting them.
We read ...