In this post we will show you how you can search and find data of people for free online, by using your name, surname or date of birth. In addition, we will show you some people finders that will help you with this work.
You may have a family member or friend that you haven't seen in a long time and you want to know what happened to that person, and despite the fact that you may know the name and surname of that person, you do not know the procedures to perform on the internet to find a trace.
It is true that, in the past, it was much more difficult to find useful information about someone even knowing their identification, but, with the appearance of the internet, this has been simplified too much, to the point that just know your first and last name.
Join us for this guide to discover how to search and find people on the internet by using their first and last names!
Steps to search for people by their first and last name online
Since the internet has vast methods to be able to search for a person Only by knowing your first and last name, we will show you the most effective ones, which have the highest success rate.
If one of these methods doesn't work, try the next one. Today every person who is surfing the internet, most likely can search and find it.
So let's see the most effective methods and tricks to be able to carry out the search for the person.
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn are the most popular social networks in the world. A social network is a site where anyone can interact and connect with other people.
Millions and millions of people use all these social networks for different purposes: talking with your family and friends, entertaining, doing business, etc.
Then, these places are where we should look first, since, it is probable that who we want to know about, all or some of them are registered.
Next, we will show you how you can search for people by their first and last name using these social networks
Facebook is the most popular social network in the world, with its more than 2,700 million active users as of 2021, it is the first platform to start looking for.
In order to perform the search, you must take into account the following requirements:
- You must be registered in the social network (you can register from here).
- If the person is prohibited from being found online in their account settings, you will not be able to find them.
Once you take this into account, follow these steps to find the person by their first and last name on Facebook:
1.- First, using a computer, locate the search menu, and enter the first and last name.
2.- Followed by this, you will see the results. We attach an example:
Instagram is a social network of images, that is, users share their day-to-day lives through photos and images that they upload to the platform.
It is the most visited social network of images on the planet, and so you can search for a person with their first and last name in it:
1.- First, you must register in the social network (you can do it from here).
2.- After being registered, locate the magnifying glass icon at the bottom of the application. Enter the person's first and last name.
3.- You will see all the users with the name you entered. We attach an example:
Twitter is another popular social network, and although it is not as widely used as Facebook and Instagram, it is worth searching here in case no results were found in the previous two.
Generally, Twitter is more used by people of legal age, since the main political and economic issues of the countries are disclosed here.
Follow these steps to be able to search people's data by their first and last name through Twitter for free:
1.- First, you must register on Twitter (you can register by clicking here).
2.- When you have an account, using a computer, locate the search section and enter your name. When you're done, hit "Enter." The results will come out; here you have an example:
LinkedIn is a business social network. Maybe the person you want to find does not have a personal profile on other social networks, but maybe they are a professional looking for clients.
In that case, LinkedIn is the perfect place to look for you in case we know both your first name, last name, and profession.
Follow these steps to be able to search for people by first name, last name and profession on LinkedIn:
1.- First, you must register on LinkedIn (register by clicking here).
2.- After you have registered, using a computer, locate the search bar at the top of the site.
3.- When you locate it, put the first and last name of the person you want to search the Internet using LinkedIn. You will get results automatically. Here is an example:
Google is the most important search engine in the world. Through it, millions of people a day consult millions of requests. You've probably visited us from there, haven't you ?!
Well, just as we can find questions to doubts such as "how to search for people on the internet through their first and last names", we can also search for them directly. That's how it is!
The search algorithm is too extensive and complete, it knows how to distinguish all kinds of queries and parameters that are put in the search engine. The more exact we are, we can find more things, or less, it all depends on how much presence the person you want to search on the internet has.
Keep in mind the following tricks to be able to search better in Google, and thus you can have a lot of luck:
- Generally, on websites you can "quote" a person's name with quotation marks, so if we put the name in quotes, we could have a more accurate result. Example: «José García».
- If you know what profession he is dedicated to, you can include it in the search. An example could be: "Atomic Engineer José García".
- Have you posted jobs on the internet on any website? You can search for people's names on a certain website. Example: «site: example.com José García». Don't remove "site:" from your search.
- Sometimes, it can happen that the person has used hashtags in some portal. Hashtags save the activity of certain publications or posts. You can do a Google search with them. Example: «#JoséGarcíaPérez».
By means of white pages
The white pages they are lists of contacts who enjoy or have enjoyed some telephone service. Previously these lists were printed, but now with the appearance of the internet, it is possible to find portals dedicated to it.
These sites do not contain the list of all countries, but a few. Some of them may be: Spain, the United States, Argentina, Mexico and Venezuela.
However, there is only one way to find out: by entering the first and last names of those people to look up the data in the white pages records.
Free Person Finder List
As a last resort (in case the above methods didn't work), we have people finders, which are free and easy to use.
These websites are companies that are fully dedicated to obtaining data from people just by knowing their name and surname, some for free, others for a small fee.
As we mentioned, some of the portals that we will comment on are free, but others with a more professional service will be paid.
Without further ado, we leave you the list of the best search engines for free people on the internet:
- Pilp.com: a payment service with more than 3 billion people in your database. Sure you can search everything about that person just by putting their name and surname.
- 192.com: a free website that allows you to search UK only people data.
- nndb.com: another free site that allows you search people information, including the relationships they have had with other individuals.
- criminalsearches.com: a website that allows you to see if a person has a criminal recordAnd it even has an option to "spy on the neighbor", and detect criminal behavior of friends, family or acquaintances.
- peoplefinders.com: a free portal to search people's data for free with their name, surname and residence data that could be useful.
- snitch.name: this website can search profiles of people in social networks and other important databases of people.
We hope this article has been very helpful to be able to search for data of people on the internet knowing their name and surname.
Remember that in this blog we write more tech tutorials interesting. Visit us!
See you in a future post.