We show you everything you need to know about Facebook, the largest social network in the world, from its history and what it is for to its essential characteristics and functions. Join us!
Nowadays it is very difficult that someone with internet access has not heard of Facebook. It is the social network with the most users in the world, is the mother of the interconnection between people in the digital environment. We can say that Facebook is already part of our current culture.
Here we are going to talk about this incredible social network, since Facebook can be more than a tool for talking to people. Over the years, it has evolved in a surprising way, integrating functions and adapting to the needs of users.
Guides, tutorials and Facebook posts
March 31, 2021
March 31, 2021
February 11, 2021
25 January, 2021
May 5, 2020
May 24, 2020
May 24, 2020
May 24, 2020
May 25, 2019
The company has even managed to acquire messaging networks like WhatsApp and InstagramThe latter being a great complement that has magnified the virtues of Facebook in the last couple of years.
If you want to know more, we invite you to know: What is Facebook and how it works, characteristics of the network, its history and more. I mean, let's start from the beginning.
What is it?
It is a social network that allows us to connect with people around the world. Regardless of which country they are in, if they have a Facebook account, we can reach it. The platform establishes a connection with friends and family no matter the distance, it even serves to get to know new cultures. Therefore, one of the main functions of Facebook is to make distances not matter.
Through this network we can do many things. In the first place, build our personal profile, in which we can publish content, this can be photographs of us, either in a trip, meetings and festivities. In addition, we can create personal content on the wall, feelings, daily routines, or any opinion that encourages the public to interact.
At the same time, we will be able to see other people's content, learn about their lives, keep in touch with others and form a better relationship over time. But that's not all, since thanks to the great interaction offered by the system, we will be able to reach important people and brands in the workplace.
History of Facebook
Let's give a short version of Facebook storyIn this way we will be able to know its origins, since it is a very interesting story, especially from the point of view of a young student.
Why do we say this? Because it was in 2004, in which a student from Harvard University, created a project that years later would become the largest social network in the world. Initially, Mark Zuckerberg He had just created Facebook as a tool for the students at his university, so they could have a place to connect, and in just one month, more than 50% of students were part of that little project.
The popularity of the network was so great that by 2005 there were more than one million users. But that did not stop until there, the platform continued to expand among universities and schools. Such was the success that its developer managed to obtain two financing, from PayPal Y Accel Partners. This is how he opened his first office in California. The growth was exponential, and the network came to have 11 million people subscribed.
With the passing of the years, the network was evolving, thus adding more tools to its interface, allowing people to create a more personalized profile. And by 2008 it was available in several languages, by then it was making its way with more than 30 million users.
Regarding the current situation in the history of Facebook, it has given greater prominence to the photos and your app for mobile devices. Likewise, inboxes for businesses and supported the inclusion of improvements in the statistics of advertising campaigns. Approximately 2.3 billion people in the world they are registered on the net.
What is Facebook for?
As mentioned above, Facebook is a social tool that allows us to connect with people around the world, but today we can do much more than just this. So, What is Facebook for?
Everything will depend on the use we give to the social network, now it is an ideal platform for publicize our brand personal, create a community, get clients. It can also be a information place, thanks to the groups that can be created focused on different themes.
Using Facebook only to talk to our friends and acquaintances would be to limit the great opportunities that this platform offers us today, considering the fact that it is also a good alternative to Skype, since it allows video calls and group chat for meetings between one or more people.
If it was clear what it is for, now is the time to know the main features of Facebook, which can be listed as follows:
- Suggestions from friends can be good for getting people we already know.
- Groups and pages dedicated to companies, brands and businesses.
- We are able to create an application and integrate it to the social network.
- A simple interface, with which it is not necessary to be an expert in web browsing.
- The great facility to share content, be it your own or that of other people.
Advantages and disadvantages of the social network
Now we have to explore both the good and the bad of this social network, because yes, Facebook is also a platform full of controversies, and which has faced serious accusations. Between its advantages we have:
- The possibility of connecting with people, be they friends or family from anywhere in the world.
- The ease it offers us to promote our brand content.
- Through our wall, we can learn about some important news that happens around us.
- The possibility of connecting with many other services, adding versatility to the network.
Despite the features and good that Facebook offers, there are also things to take into account. Some disadvantages are:
- Privacy should be taken into account, remember that we are sharing personal information in our profile.
- Sometimes we are tagged in photos or multimedia content that we are not interested in or out of place.
- For some people, this network can be addictive, to the point where they waste time on it.
- There are a lot of fake profiles, and you must be careful, because they will try to pass as trusted people.
Over the years, Facebook has implemented features and tools that have made it the most used platform of all time. These are some of the most relevant functions of which you can discover what the Facebook social network is for:
- Stories allow us to create more casual content and reach many users.
- Chat now offers many new tools, it also allows us to stay connected and reach certain people more easily.
- Not only can we have a personal profile, we are also capable of simultaneously having a page for our brand or business, and promoting the content with our account.
- We can create Messenger bot software, ideal for companies and businesses.
- We can choose with whom to share the content of our message box.
- If we pay a certain amount of money, we can expand our content, making Facebook an excellent advertising tool.
As we can see, and following the roots of its history, Facebook is already more than a social network, it is a platform that offers us many opportunities, and if we know how to take advantage of it, it will allow us to grow intelligently in the digital world. You can login from your computer or download its version for Android and iOS on Google Play:
Now that you know what Facebook is and how it works, tell us: What did you think of the characteristics of the network? Do you already know what Facebook is for? Join and be part of this great community.